Sunday, July 21, 2019

Long Time Gone - Almost Gone!

No photo description available.

I'm getting towards the end of Long Time Gone. These are the blocks I made using Flying Geese.They were much easier to put together than I expected. I have to thank Bonnie Hunter for that. After making one of mystery quilts, I feel I piece much better than I used to. Small pieces don't bother me at all. 

No photo description available.

Here are all my blocks so far. I have 2 types of blocks left. I have to make 16 paper pieced pineapple blocks.

No photo description available.

I also have to make 29 more of these little guys. It measures 2 1/2 inches square.

When those blocks are done. I'll start the task of putting all those differently sized blocks together to make the quilt top. I'll have to make sashing from both one fabric as well as pieced squares. I'll enjoy that!

Image may contain: cat and indoor

This past weekend was so hot! We were close to 100 all weekend. Every time I sat on the couch, Lily decided she would keep me nice and warm while she snoozed! Thanks for thinking of me, Lily!!



6 comments:

  1. Ha ha I think Lily just wanted first dibs on the remote there. Your quilt is coming along and will be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I think Lily just loves that couch! She's so fun to watch while sleeping. She sprawls out and gets real comfortable!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful quilt--this is quite a sewing journey--it will be gorgeous...glad Lily kept you "warm" lol--Over 100 here--today is a bit better, but still really muggy--[rain, rain where are you and nice cooling Canadian breezes please visit us....]hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! It's been fun to work on. I'd love some nice dry air. I'm not sure this rain is helping!

      Delete
  3. Long Time Gone is growing so well - you have my admiration for taking on this beautiful project. I did buy the pattern but just couldn't run with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel, Maureen! I had my pattern for awhile before I decided to tackle it. It's quite the commitment! I'm so glad I'm almost done!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...