Monday, July 8, 2019

2 Project Updates

No photo description available.

I did manage to get a little sewing done over the long weekend. I had to work most of it but I tried to find a little free time. Here are all my Flying Geese for Long Time Gone. I have to make 2 blocks using 48 Flying Geese. The pile on the left have been pressed and trimmed. The pile on the right will be finished up soon! (I hope!)

No photo description available.

I'm about half done cutting all my pieces for Disco. The cutting is very easy using Jaybird's rulers. I've been washing and ironing a few fat quarters at a time. I cut those up and move on to the next set of fat quarters. Getting there a little bit at a time!

I've also been doing a little quilting on the longarm. Pictures to follow!

What have you been working on? I've heard some people quilt less in the summer due to the heat. I think I quilt the same amount year round. I'm just a little bit busier in the summer. I tend to stay in more during the winter. 

6 comments:

  1. You've been able to prep a lot there ;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the vey same Jaybird ruler and used it for a pattern called Chain Link Horizon, I like the Disco pattern and may have to try that some time in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ruler I'm using is the Hex N More ruler. It makes cutting so easy! I love her patterns and rulers.

      Delete
  3. Nice progress on both of these. I quilt year round too. I have more portable projects in the summer .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! Smaller projects are definitely easier in the summer.

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...