Thursday, July 11, 2019

I Like Thursday #9

Image may contain: plant, tree and outdoor

I'm so late posting this today! I worked 6-2:30 and I finally found some time to sit down! I hate when work interferes with my fun stuff! Anyways, here are my tomatoes! I took this picture after a very strong thunderstorm. I can't believe we have so many so early!

No photo description available.

This is my favorite app! It's Libby! If you have a library card, you can download this app and borrow e-books as well as audio books. It's all free! You never even have to go to the library. Many of you may already have known about this app, but I was so happy to have found it. You can download it to your phone or tablet. So easy! 

No photo description available.

I couldn't believe I found this poster on line. I was 17 years old when I went away to college. I bought this poster the summer before I moved to the dorm. When I saw it, it brought back so many memories for me. It was such a fun time in my life. My college roommate remembers it too! 

Image may contain: 1 person

This is such a fun book! I just started cutting out my 3rd pin cushion. There are so many wonderful pin cushions to make. This is a nice quick project. And they make great gifts! Dawn, who now blogs at Relaxing Robin, is making Christmas gifts. She got me thinking about making small gifts so I started a new pin cushion!

That's it for me this week. Please join LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to see more likes! I bet these posts will inspire you like they inspire me!





10 comments:

  1. Hooray for tomatoes growing! I'm always so happy to see them start. I've seen the Libby app on my library's site, but haven't used it yet. I'll go look at it again! That looks like such a good book for pincushion ideas - they are always fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Diann! You'll love the Libby app. It's like having the library at your fingertips.

      Delete
  2. Lovely tomatoes. I have some too, and I have volunteer tomato plants. Love Libby and the apps that allow me to borrow books from the library and either make them do text to speech or Hoopla is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so neat that there are so many apps out there. It really does make our lives easier. I thought I had so many tomatoes but my mom ended up beating me! She has a ton of them!

      Delete
  3. Very cool likes! I remembered to check out my local library apps as well. RBDigital has been my companion for a while, but I also found Freegal (a music app) as wellas Freading! Yea! All free! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for telling me about these apps. I'll look into them. There's so much out there! So glad you visited my blog!

      Delete
  4. Your tomatoes look great. Mine are doing wrll too but I spied a woodchuck that lives nearby checking them out. Grrrr. Pincushions are a fab little gift. So many to choose from in that book too.i am having fun and getting lots of things ready for the gift box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We saw a woodchuck in our lawn today too! He wasn't anywhere near the tomatoes. I hope he doesn't find them! I made a pin cushion today! Thanks for the great idea!

      Delete
  5. Your tomatoes are coming nicely! I love making toasted tomato sandwiches with native ones--yummy!!
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just may have to make my own toasted tomato sandwich! Thanks for the idea!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...