Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Scrappy Churn Dash Pincushion

Image may contain: indoor

I made this cute little Churn Dash Pin Cushion today. I tried to use a pattern from Pin Pals by Carrie Nelson. However, I had seen a whole quilt made of scrappy Churn Dash blocks. I wanted my pin cushion to look scrappy. The ones in the book used 2 fabrics only. So, I made my own little pattern.

Image may contain: stripes

These are the pieces I cut out. I made a pattern and double checked it by using graph paper. But even while I was working on, I wasn't quite sure I had all the dimensions correct. The corner squares looked too large in comparison with the rest of pieces. But, I just kept going. I figured I could always cut the corners down if I had to.

No photo description available.

I have all the rows sewn together. At this point, I think the corner squares look okay!

Image may contain: stripes

The block is done! Everything fits! It measures about 5 1/2 inches square here. I layered it with some batting and quilted it. I just meandered the background fabrics. I also meandered the backing. I then cut both pieces down to 5 inches square and sewed them together.



No photo description available.

I have another gift ready! This was so fun to make!



4 comments:

  1. This is so adorable--and so tiny!! Love how it came out--the white just stands out beautifully--nice work, Rosemary ;)))
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! I had fun trying to figure out the pattern. It worked out pretty good!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...