Thursday, November 7, 2019

I Like Thursday #25

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor and nature

Welcome to I Like Thursday! I know it's on the late side but that's what happens after working all day! I had the best of intentions to write this early but my day didn't turn out as planned. Anyways,
this is my yard early in the week. I guess this is a hard frost. I'm not sure I really like this but it's a reminder that the seasons are changing! 

No photo description available.

I love that I finished Long Time Gone! I finished up the last border yesterday. I love the braided border on this quilt. I feel it's a great ending to this beauty!


I had my Disco quilt very nicely arranged on my design wall. It was nice until Molly decided to jump on it and watch all the pieces fall off. My daughter saw her rolling around on the carpet with happiness after she made this mess.

Image may contain: people sitting and indoor

I rearranged the quilt on the design wall. I decided to discourage her past behavior by placing a few objects in front of the design wall. No more rolling around for Molly!!

Those are my likes for this week. Please visit Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color for more happy and positive posts!

12 comments:

  1. Your Long Time Gone is beautiful! I have always wanted to make a Jen Kingwell quilt, and even have a couple of her patterns. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Diann! This is the second Jen Kingwell quilt I've made. I love her patterns!

      Delete
  2. But Mom lol. Dunkin would have had nothing left on the wall. Lol love your braided border. Will have to remember that when I am stuck. It framed it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I thought the border was a little busy but I think it looks great now that it's finished. I'm glad I stuck with it. And it's not hard at all!

      Delete
  3. LOL the hard frost. We were laughing about it 2 hard frost and then snow yesterday. It didn't stick. But still. Love the borders on long time gone. I had a farmer's wife with all the blocks on a design wall. Grandson came in, 2 years old at the time, and shook it. Great likes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! They should make design walls unshakeable! (Not sure that's a word but you know what I mean!!)

      Delete
  4. What beautiful fussy cutting in your applique piece! I love it.
    And that braid border is perfect for those blocks. Kudos on such a beautiful finish.
    I have to keep chairs like that around my houseplants...one of the dogs enjoys a little "dig" sometimes. Ah, what we do for certain members of the family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jocelyn! I better get that quilt sewn together quickly before the cats get at it again!

      Delete
  5. The braided border is gorgeous on this one...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Long time gone is an exquisite quilt! I've been admiring this so much as you made progress and yes, the braided border is PERFECT! I had to laugh at your cat and the disco quilt. It's a gorgeous quilt and I can't wait to see that one done! Thanks for the inspiration! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on Long Time Gone , it's stunning. Would you remind me of the size Rosemary please.

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...