Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Working on Disco

Image may contain: indoor

This is my Disco quilt so far! The first 8 rows are sewn together. There are 20 rows in all. The measurements when finished will be 60" X 80". 

No photo description available.

I work on 2 rows at a time. I feel the 2 rows make up one big row since these pairs are sewn together. 

No photo description available.

After sewing the next 2 rows, I make sure that everything is oriented properly. (I don't want to make that mistake again!!) Tomorrow, I'll sew these last 2 rows together and then sew them to the quilt top. Sewing this quilt together is more difficult than I expected. There are  no straight seams. You have to be so careful but I'm getting used to it! I'm just about halfway done!

10 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. I bet trying to get everything to line up is time consuming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! Yes, it takes awhile. I think it's getting a little easier now that I've been working on it for awhile.

      Delete
  2. This is coming together beautifully!! I like the colors--it looks as if you really do have to concentrate to get the sections together correctly...;000 hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! It's so easy to screw it up. I have to pay too much attention.

      Delete
  3. Great progress Rosemary, 60" x 80" is a good sized quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maureen! I wish it was a little wider but it was a kit. It will be fine!

      Delete
  4. It looks FANTASTIC! Great job!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rosemary! Wow - that quilt is looking spectacular. And only halfway - I cannot wait to see it all complete. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Roseanne! I'll be posting pictures as I keep sewing!

      Delete

Fabric Placement

I've been working on making the border for Alaska. Edyta Sitar has a picture on her blog where she repeats one of the blocks as the bord...