Thursday, November 21, 2019

I Like Thursday #27

Image may contain: 1 person, flower and plant

Welcome to my I Like Thursday. I'm a little early this time. It's so nice to be off on a Thursday! I'll be working Thanksgiving so I'll enjoy my Thursday even more this week! My first like is this floral arrangement. My mother's birthday was last weekend. My brother sent her these beautiful flowers. They're so pretty and so big! Such a wonderful gift! I bought her clothes and a book. She was happy with everything she received.

No photo description available.

Here's my pile of blocks for Carolina Chain by Bonnie Hunter. There are 38 blocks in that pile. I need 37 more! So many! I'm not even counting the partial blocks I'll need to make for the edges. It's a great way to use scraps but so time consuming! This is definitely a long term project!

Image may contain: text

I'm just about done reading this book. It's one of Oprah's Book Club picks. I was a little apprehensive about reading it. I read a lot of historical novels but I want them to be uplifting and positive. I thought this book would be too depressing. I was so wrong! It's a beautifully written book about a slave who has powers you would not expect. The Underground Railroad is involved. If you get the chance, read it. It's wonderful!

Image may contain: one or more people and text
I thought I'd leave you with these words. I think it's so true and I believe it!

Those are my likes for this week. Please join LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for my happy and uplifting posts. Enjoy your week!!

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful bouquet of flowers...your Carolina Chain is coming together nicely--"only" 37 more--yikes...enjoy your day off...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I'll get to 75 blocks eventually! That's why it has to be long term or I'd go crazy!!

      Delete
  2. My eyes opened wide at the final quote. I survived childhood abuse and am creative. I used to escape the trauma into imagination sometimes and my most creative friends also survived trauma growing up. It is good to see it in print. Thanks for the lovelies, flowers and pretty blocks. The French have a saying, "little by little the bird builds his nest" so keep making your blocks.
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LeeAnna, I'm so sorry to hear about your childhood. I'm glad something good came out of your ordeal. I do think quilting and other outlets can be healing and therapeutic. I'll keep making those blocks! You keep creating!

      Delete
  3. Ursula is a favourite author of mine so I love that quote. CHild abuse has to be a scourge on humanity. Meanwhile, beautiful blocks and lovely birthday for your MOM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bouquet is amazing. Love the pile of blocks - great fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flowers. The book looks awesome. Your Carolina chain blocks are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous likes. Moms flowers are beautiful. I like your carolina chain. It may become a 2020 project for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I love using my scraps for these blocks. The blocks aren't very difficult, basically a 9-patch. You'll love it!

      Delete
  7. Great likes! My bro is a pharmacist too so we rarely see him for holidays, especially Thanksgiving. The flowers are so pretty! I love your blocks, how big is that quilt going to be? The blocks look fairly large! Have a a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! I'll be working Thanksgiving but will be off Christmas and New Year's so I think it's worth it! I think Carolina Chain will be approximately 80" X 90". Nice and big!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...