Thursday, November 14, 2019

I Like Thursday #26

Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor and nature

I can't believe it's Thursday already! This week is flying by! I'm not sure I really like this picture but it's here to stay! It's been cold and windy. The leaves are all gone. It may not be winter on the calendar but it sure feels like it is. We didn't even reach 32 degrees yesterday. We're a balmy 32 degrees right now. Ugh, still too cold!

No photo description available.

I went to Joann's earlier this morning. This cute little tree was 60% off! I just couldn't resist. It's the only item I bought. I never seem to buy too much at Joann's. I usually just check out the sale items. I think it's a bit overwhelming in there.

Image may contain: table and indoor

I'm back to working on Caroline Chain.  As I was sewing, it dawned on me how much I love to work with scraps. I had to go digging in my scraps for a few light fabrics and it just felt so fun. That might be a little strange but it's true!

No photo description available.

I just had to add a picture of these CeraVe items. With the winter coming, these products are great for dry skin. The dermatologists love this line and they're not too expensive. I've already started using them. I have a friend who swears by these products.

Those are my likes for this time. Please go visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more fun likes. Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the moisturizer tip--perfect timing ;)) my skin on my oft-washed hands is peeling already...;000
    So you are making a totally scrappy Carolina chain? Square by little square? I can't wait to see how it comes out..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like CeraVe. It works great for me. I must be crazy but I am going to try to make Carolina Chain. It will probably take a while!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosemary! Thanks for the CeraVe recommendation. I have such dry skin. Last night I had to get up and lotion the palms of my hands - they were so dry they were itching (!!) and it was driving me nuts. I'll have to give it a try. I like working with scraps, too. For one thing, it's nice to use up what you have. And another nice thing is remembering what the scraps are leftover from - it usually makes me smile to think about the other project(s). ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like the CeraVe, Roseanne! Let me know how it works for you. I think you're right about scraps. They're from our other projects and we love them!

      Delete
  3. I've been hitting the hand cream already! Everything is drying out! Scraps are wonderful. I am dying to start some scrappy projects, I just gotta finish my sister's quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the dryness of winter is already here. I always try to finish one project before starting something else. It doesn't always work but I try!

      Delete
  4. Hi Rosemary, thank you so much for the skin cream recommendation. I have rosacea and vitiligo; my skin is dry and sensitive so I'm always trying out creams that will work for me.
    I love working with scraps...there is something very freeing about the process. And the result always looks like the quilts I grew up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think scraps just make a great looking quilt! I hope you have some great creams for the rosacea/vitiligo. There are so many new treatments out there.

      Delete
  5. I think that is the dry skin lotion the doctor recommended for my dad. I agree too cold, too soon. Cute little tree. Oh and I totally agree about almost every store anymore...too much stuff Joann's, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, The Christmas Tree Shop....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to shop better in smaller places. It's getting cold here again. That winter dryness has already set in!

      Delete
  6. I agree that winter is coming too soon. Today I couldn't decide if I like the cold better with snow, or without. I think I just want to go back to fall for a few more days!

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...