Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Quilting and Sewing

No photo description available.

I was so happy to start quilting my Disco Quilt. I came up with 2 designs which I will alternate between the blocks. I'm not quite sure I like that ribbon candy in that area. It's sort of big. On the other hand, I do think it fills the space nicely. I'm going to sleep on it and see if I still like it in the morning.

No photo description available.

This is just another view. I love my new Sure Foot! It's so much nicer to use rulers and not have to be worried about the foot jumping over it. I'll show pictures next time!

No photo description available.

I've made another 4 blocks for Carolina Chain. I only have 11 blocks left! I forgot to take into account the side blocks I still have to make but they're much smaller and quicker to make than the main blocks I've been working on.

No photo description available.

I already have 5 blocks made for Fast Forward. This quilt is as quick and easy as Carolina Chain is slow and tedious! It's so nice to be working on 2 very different quilts. I love that Tilda fabric! This pattern is perfect to show it off!

I was happy to be off today and able to play in my sewing room as well as with my longarm. I must admit that General Hospital is one of my guilty pleasures. Due to the impeachment hearings, General Hospital wasn't on. More time to sew! I had such a fun day! Why do I have to work????

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes choosing how to quilt is the hardest part. Looks awesome though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I did end up changing that design. It's just a subtle change but I like it better. I'll show pictures in a post.

      Delete
  2. Lovely quilting patterns...Carolina Chain looks like a lot of sewing for each block! Fast Forward is so lovely...lots of room for fancy quilting on that one...enjoy your day off hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I like working on 2 projects at the same time. Depending on my mood, I can pick what I want to work on!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the eye candy.your quilts are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, you always leave me the best comments! Thank you!!

      Delete
  4. I love the quilting! Beautiful quilts in the making too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michele! I love having a day to work on my quilts. I had a great time yesterday!

      Delete
  5. Even though those quilts are quite different they are turning out very nice. I do like the ribbon candy quilting, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I enjoy working on different projects at the same time. I can work on whatever my mood dictates!

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...