Thursday, January 30, 2020

I Like Thursday #36

Image may contain: indoor


Welcome to I Like Thursday! I'm starting this post with my Valentine's Day decorations. I made this little table topper years ago. It's a free pattern by Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts. It's easy and quick to put together. You can find it on her blog.

No photo description available.

I bought this little decoration at JoAnn's. It's hanging on my front door. Valentine's Day is special at my house. It's my son's birthday! He was my best Valentine's Day gift ever!

No photo description available.

Has anyone ever used these scissors? I got them as a gift but haven't used them yet. Supposedly, the spring action is supposed to make cutting easier. I think it will come in handy when cutting backing or batting to fit the quilt top. I usually do that on the floor. I'll try them on my next quilt!

Image may contain: indoor

I love Belleek! I went to Ireland years ago and started collecting it. I just got this piece. I love the delicate little flower. So pretty! It's making me think of Spring! 

Those are my likes this time! Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more fun and positive posts. See you next week!!


16 comments:

  1. Your little valentine quilt table topper is so cute! I love valentine's day, and it's so fun to see everyone's crafty decorations. I had a pair of those spring loaded scissors a long time ago. I liked them, especially at one point when we were making a denim quilt and there was a lot of tough quilting. I don't use big scissors as much anymore though, mostly I use my rotary cutter or rip the fabric. I hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous vase--so pretty...
    I've never used those scissors...I hear they are especially good for making those rag quilts as there is so much cutting involved...
    Love the front door heart hangers..so cute...Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Valentine's Day decoration are lovely, especially the table topper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great table topper. Hmm... I should go dig up my hearts for the front door. Interesting scissors - but I bet the grip lets you put a lot of pressure into the cut without much effort. That vase is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I think I'll like those scissors. Can't wait to try them!

      Delete
  5. Pretty delicate looking hearts in that table topper. Yes, you did get the best Valentine's Day gift!I love Belleek too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! That table topper was so fun to make. It looks harder than it is. Ireland had lots of fun stuff to see and collect!

      Delete
  6. I love your tabletopper!! A son is a great gift for a Valentine present!!! :) Love your Belleek thistle vase--=it is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! I thought it was a tulip! Nice to know!

      Delete
  7. Nice valentines all around. Great likes

    ReplyDelete
  8. the first heart quilt is quilted so well! I have spring fiskars from a L O N G time ago and still reach for them as they are great. They look different from yours, as both sides are skinny but they last and work. Happy weekend, since I'm late on visits! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! I'm even later! This weekend went by so fast for me!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...