Monday, January 27, 2020

Quilting Disco

No photo description available.

I finally got to complete a few rows of quilting on Disco. I came up with 2 designs. You can see this one includes arcs in the triangles, overlapping ribbon candy and just an up and down stitching in the bottom half. I've heard this stitching called refrigerator coil. There is a resemblance!

No photo description available.

This second design includes ruler work and then wishbone around the perimeter of the block. I like how this looks!

No photo description available.

I'll be alternating these 2 designs throughout the quilt. I just repeat the design of the block above it. I'm hoping this will make a nice design on the backing.

I'm quite happy to be finishing up this quilt. I hate to have an unfinished quilt top. It's not a quilt until it's quilted . But that's just me . I just like to get them all done.


12 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. I like to get them done too but something always stands in the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt patterns--you are really doing beautiful work. hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilting Rosemary, I like your simple pattern in the triangles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maureen! I feel that simple is all you need sometimes!

      Delete
  4. Neat quilting. I need to get busy and work on my ribbon candy and its variations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ribbon candy comes in handy and I feel it always looks good!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...