Thursday, January 23, 2020

I Like Thursday #35

Image may contain: people sitting, cat and indoor

Welcome to I Like Thursday! I'm so late posting this today. I had to work and then I started sewing. I lost track of time! But I finally made it! Here's Molly laying on a nice blue coat. I think she's comfy but I have a feeling a lot of her fur is on that nice coat!

No photo description available.

I started quilting on my longarm this week. I got the Sure Foot installed last week. I love using this foot! The ruler lays right next to it. The foot is the perfect height for me to follow sewing on the edge of the ruler.

No photo description available.

Here's a picture to show you the ruler right next to the foot. The height of the foot makes a huge difference in ruler work. It was long overdue but I finally got it!

No photo description available.

As I'm nearing the end of one scrap project, I've decided my next scrap project is going to be a Scrap Pineapple Quilt. I got a nice ruler to help me make these blocks. I always hope I'll use up my scraps but I'm not sure that will ever happen! I'll just have to keep on trying!

Those are my likes for the week. I hope you visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more fun and positive posts. You'll enjoy them!

18 comments:

  1. Oh let me know how you like those templates--I have some paper piecing patterns for pineapples--but not a big fan of paper piecing...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know, Julierose! I like paper piecing but am not looking forward to a whole quilt of paper piecing. I'm hoping this ruler works nicely.

      Delete
  2. Your quilting is so pretty! How wonderful to have just the right foot to make everything go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That foot makes such a huge difference. IT's so worth it!

      Delete
  3. I have a sure foot, but haven't used it yet. Can't wait to see your pineapple quilt. I have one using a creative grids ruler....the project got pushed to the back burner. Need to pull it out and work on it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pineapple block was one of my favorites when I worked on a sampler quilt. I think a scrappy version would be fun. I hope I can figure out the ruler!

      Delete
  4. Pretty kitty! Yay for a good foot. I'm still learning to work with a ruler. I look forward to seeing your next scrap project. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! Rulers really add to quilting. There are so many designs you can make. You'll love it!

      Delete
  5. I used to dream about getting a long arm machine. Anyways your quilting is looking great. Glad you got the Sure Foot. It looks like it would be great for "even" quilting especially on any curves. Well your jacket maybe full of fur. Today my clothes and socks are full of fur as I decided to groom Miss Cassie today. Her fur is very fine and sticks on everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanie! I love having a longarm. I like being able to finish my own quilts. I do quilt for friends but mostly myself. What would we do without our pets!? I end up cleaning more but I don't mind!

      Delete
  6. Miss Molly looks so comfy. Whats a little fur among friends. Lol good for you with new ruler and foot to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love seeing your kitty! If anything falls on the floor in our house, our pup Scout assumes it is a bed for her...Enjoy your quilting! Tools make our job so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! You're so right! I love keeping up with new gadgets. So fun but useful too!

      Delete
  8. Your kitty is so cute! And of course she's leaving hair on the coat. I've given up defurring stuff in my house, the dogs are drawn to everything on which fur might show up! So glad you're enjoying your new foot for the longarm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shannon! I enjoy my kitties. I just clean more! I love my longarm. I love learning new techniques.

      Delete
  9. I call those pagoda cats,When their ears go out like that. I wish I was closer so I could watch you quilting. The rulers are a good new way to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! I wish you lived closer too! It would be fun to quilt together.

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...