Thursday, January 9, 2020

I Like Thursday #33

Image may contain: cat and indoor

Welcome to I Like Thursday! My daughter got a new calendar for Christmas. I love seeing cats in fun surroundings. This one is a bit chubby and he's got the television controls! He looks quite comfortable to me!

No photo description available.

I bought this at JoAnn's at few years ago. I always love anything to do with the beach. I feel it makes the nicest addition to any room, any decor. It reminds me of the summer. I usually need it when we're in the middle of the cold winter!

No photo description available.

I got this for Christmas. I had one years ago but it would never stay on the ruler. I'm hoping this is a new and improved version. Has anyone used this before? I'm going to have to try it out. I keep forgetting I have it!

No photo description available.

Seeing this pile of blocks makes me very happy! I've been working on Carolina Chain for a long time but decided it needs to be finished. I have 56 blocks done out of 75! 19 more to go! I feel I'm finally making some good progress on this one.

Those are my likes for this week! It's awfully cold here this morning but I have to go out later. I'm hoping to get some sewing done before I leave. Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color for more fun and positive posts!! Stay warm!

20 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary! Oh, that is a chubby kitty but he looks very intent on the program he is watching - no changing the channel on him during this tense part! And, I haven't not tried that handle for your ruler but I am interested in hearing what you think about it. I have had a few issues with my ruler slipping, especially when cutting a long length. Shorter distances I can keep the ruler steady, but over 9 or 10 inches and it slips slightly. Oh, your Carolina Chain blocks look so fabulous and only a few to go. Only 25% to go!! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I'll let you know how that handle works out. Of course, I cut fabric today and forgot to use it! I like the 25%! So close to finishing up!

      Delete
  2. I love that sea coral(?) so pretty...you have a lot of those blocks done--good work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I'm getting much closer to being done Carolina Chain! Can't wait!

      Delete
  3. That kitty looks like he is not likely to share the controller, hopefully he's watching something good! And the sea coral is lovely, I like things mounted that way in shadowboxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wondered about those ruler grips - hope you like your new one. I love your pile of Carolina Chain blocks, too. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diann! I'll let you know if the ruler grip works!

      Delete
  5. Oh, that is a CHONK of a cat! lol. I'll be curious how the ruler grip works. Huzzah for a pile of blocks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you if the ruler grip is good. I'm so glad to see my pile of blocks growing!

      Delete
  6. Definitely on the chubby side!, we have a tuxedo kitty but thankfully she is somewhat slimmer! Rosemary I had exactly the same problem with the grip many years ago and ditched it! It is a good idea and I hope your new one actually sticks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know if it works! I'm hoping it's been improved since it's a different brand!

      Delete
  7. Wow that is one chubby kitty. Lucy the cat was headed that way until I took over feeding her. I have a grip thingy but it is much smaller. I always forget I have it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a skinny cat and a chubby cat. I found the chubby kitty eating her bowl of food one morning as well as my other cat's food. So glad I saw it and fed my skinny kitty. So fresh!

      Delete
  8. Chunka cat probably snacks too much while tv bingeing. Cute pic. I do not use a gripper on my ruler. Cant wait to see carolina.....your version

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dawn! I can't believe I'm almost at the end of this quilt. I've been working on it forever!

      Delete
  9. Yep kitty looks quite content having rule over the remote control. Pretty kitty!

    I hope your ruler grips doesn't disappoint. I have had my share of slipped ruler while cutting. I purchased something that looks so similar to your grip for my husband to use in shower stall to keep himself from falling. I wonder if that would work as a ruler grip? Huh, I found it and it does work!!
    Thanks for the tip! Now to find time to use it. LOL!

    Looks like you are making great progress on your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great idea, Joanie! I'm trying to get this project done instead of having it around forever. So nice to hear from you!

      Delete
  10. Love that new quilt you are working on! Never used the grip but it's got me thinking I should--let us know what you think! Always love animal photos! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! I'll let you know how the grip works when I remember to use it!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...