Sunday, August 23, 2020

Hot Off the Press!

 

I finished quilting this t-shirt quilt today before the thunderstorms began. It came out better better than I expected! It's not the best made quilt but I think it works!

These are just a couple of closeups to see the quilting. It was just a large meander. It's very quick but does the job! I also feel large quilting keeps the actual quilt as the focal point. There is no intricate quilting to take away from the blocks.

Here's the backing at one of seams. I think it all blends pretty well. I need to bind this quilt for her. The quilt owner doesn't sew at all. She's already seen these pictures and likes how it's come out. I'm so happy I could help her.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on this one--I always thought that tee shirt quilts would be quite a challenge...nice quilting
    Hugs julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I sort of dreaded quilting this but it worked out great.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your finish! Few things feel better. T-shirt quilts are hard to work with for me. They stretch too much compared to our typical 100% cotton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I didn't like the stretch of the t-shirts. I used iron on stabilizer but it didn't work consistently through out the quilt. It came out okay so that's fine with me!

      Delete
  3. Great job Rosemary
    It looks great. I am sure she will love it. I guess after the holidays i need to get to mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I don't think it should be that hard. There are so many tutorials out there.

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...