Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Pineapple Blocks & T-shirt Quilt

 

Here are my 36 Pineapple Blocks all together! I still have many more blocks to make but I love how they look together. I wish I could say my scraps are decreasing but I haven't made much of a dent at all. I'll just keep going!

Here's a picture while I'm loading the t-shirt quilt. It's not square at all. The seams are crooked. I was a little nervous to quilt it.

I'm just quilting a large meander over the whole top. Once I started, it was easier than I expected.

I wasn't sure how my machine would quilt over the plastic portions of the t-shirts. It cut right through the plastic like butter! I'm about half done and it's going well. That's a good thing because I have another t-shirt quilt to finish for the same person.

9 comments:

  1. The tee shirt quilts always look very challenging to me...
    yours looks like it is coming together with the quilting so well.
    Nice work...Hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! It's working out better than I expected. It's a nice surprise!

      Delete
  2. Love the pineapples. Glad the T shirt quilt is working out. I need to get back to work eventually on the one I am making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I think quilting the t-shirt quilt is easier than actually making it!

      Delete
  3. The pineapple blocks are stunning, lovely to see the ones already made laid out together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maureen! I'm getting faster at making them. That's a good thing since I decided to make my quilt larger!

      Delete
  4. Your pineapples are so pretty. Your scraps must be pretty to start with. I am nervous to start a tee shirt quilt.maybe i need to just dive in. I think i want to do it qayg style though. We will see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! I'm just quilting the t-shirt quilt that I'm working on. It's not the best made quilt but quilting it has been a breeze. Just make sure you use stabilizer as you make your blocks. The fabric is so stretchy.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. best pineapple tarts

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...