Thursday, August 20, 2020

I Like Thursday #65

 

It's Thursday so it's time for a positive and uplifting post. This picture shows that I'm sewing down the binding on my Long Time Gone quilt! The binding is my favorite part! The quilt is done and you can just relax!!

While on vacation last week, I went to a quilt shop and bought this great book. I love table runners and think they would make great Christmas gifts. There are some wonderful patterns in this book. They're all very different. I can't wait to start one!

I also bought this pattern. I have wanted to make a medallion quilt and loved this pattern. I liked the size and thought I could really go scrappy if I wanted. 

Lily always lays down next to me when I go to bed. I usually read for awhile. I liked this picture of her. She's laying down, stretched out with her eyes open! So funny!

Those are my likes for this week. I went back to work Monday. I think I liked being off better! Oh, well! Please go visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more happy posts!

16 comments:

  1. awe lily is so sweet! Just like mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily is so adorable. The binding is the best part.and the runner book looks very interesting. Nice things to like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cute photo of your cat! I love tablerunners, too - I bet that book will have lots of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diann! There are some great patterns in that book!

      Delete
  4. Great pic or Lily. I agree binding is the best part and love the color. I have been ogling that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette. I had a hard time finding that book. One store was sold out so when I saw this copy, I grabbed it!!

      Delete
  5. Yay for binding! I love your color choice. Looks like a fun book. Lily looks comfy! Been good weather to cuddle in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I love when the nights cool off! So much better to sleep!

      Delete
  6. Lily is so loved!
    I enjoy making and seeing braid patterns - love it in a variety of fabrics as is yours!

    You also had some fun purchases this week. Isn't it fun to dream up a new project or two?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the nice comment! I have so many ideas for new projects but need the time to make them!

      Delete
  7. Love Lily! Love your new quilt and whoohoo new projects! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lily looks so content and happy, ready for a good sleep. Binding is also my favorite part of quilting! Your purchases are wonderful! I believe a scrappy quilt would be lovely! Ahhhh! If only we had time to make all the quilts we love!

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...