Thursday, August 27, 2020

I Like Thursday #66

It's Thursday so it's time for happy and positive posts. Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more positive posts. I saw this framed print hanging on the wall while getting my hair done. It's so true! I'm still best friends with my college roommate. We think so alike. It's great to have a friend who just gets you. We all need someone like that in our life. 

Look at that temperature! It's so nice and cool. I think I sleep better when it's naturally cool out. There's no air conditioner pumping away. It's just so more comfortable!


I have 2 secret projects all cut out! I'm going to work on my Christmas gifts earlier this year. I feel a sense of accomplishment starting this early! I feel this will give me plenty of time to cusrom quilt my projects 


I'm trying to learn brioche knitting. I have figured out brioche knitting with one color yarn. I'd love to make this scarf using 2 different colors. Each side is the opposite of the other. Each side has a different dominant color. It's a very thick and cushioned stitch. There are quite a few tutorials on line and many patterns on Ravelry. I hope I catch on!

Those are my likes for the week! Have a great weekend and stay safe!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary! Oh, I am so jealous about the cooler weather. We are supposed to have it by the weekend - 75 or so. That sounds heavenly right about now. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are having a lovely cool day - a few of us might want to move in with you, lol! Good idea getting starting on Christmas projects already - I have a bit of a start on one, and need to move it along. Your new knitting project looks neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cool crisp air felt so good! I'm making a little progress learning brioche knitting. I still need to practice for a bit.

      Delete
  3. Great likes. Wow such a nice cool day. We were like 96 and windy so it was just kind of meh. Good job starting on Christmas projects already! Love the sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! The weather has changed. we're now getting some rain from the hurricane.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Love your brioche knitting! Really good likes and love that one of us is having cooler weather! Stay well and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! Hope you have a great week as well!

      Delete
  5. That brioche knitting looks so cool. I may need to try that. Cooling off a little here too. Feels almost like fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to get the hang of brioche knitting. There is a rhythm to it once you get going. I love the cool air. It's so dreary today.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you are enjoying cooler and more comfortable temperatures. I can't wait to see what you have in mind to stitch for Christmas. Now I must admit, I've never heard of Brioche knitting and am intrigued. Will have a look see on You Tube. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find Brioche knitting a challenge but I'm catching on! I love that each side is different. I have 2 projects all cut out for Christmas gifts. I need to start sewing them!!

      Delete
  7. lucky to have nice temps... it's near 100F windy and smoky here, like we're living in a smoker grill. I've never heard of brioche knitting... gotta check that out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we'll get hot temps again. It was a nice break! I'm just starting to get the hang of brioche knitting. It's a little different but I love the results!

      Delete
  8. Rosemary - joining you from I Like Thursday. We live in the mountains and rarely turn on the AC. If we open the windows at night, we can cool the house down enough to last the following day. I am impressed that you have already started your Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you, Angie! Your mountain temperatures sound wonderful to me! I have never started Christmas gifts this early but I'm sick of rushing in December!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...