Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Blocks and Binding

 

I'm moving right along with my Pineapple Blocks. When these blocks are done, I will have completed 44 blocks. I think I'm going to make 81 blocks so I can make my quilt measure 90" X 90".  I have enough scraps so that's not a problem! Haha!

These blocks are part of a secret project! They measure 8" square. I'm hoping to make a Christmas gift with some of these blocks. We'll see!

Binding baby is holding my binding for the t-shirt quilt. I hope to get that done this week. I'm still sewing down the binding on Long Time Gone. I also have to start backing the other t-shirt quilt with fusible interfacing which I just got in the mail.

As you can see, I'm keeping busy! That's how I like it!


6 comments:

  1. Love those pineapple blocks--the saturated turquoise center square is beautiful..nice work Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I went to buy more of that turquoise and they were all sold out! I can't find it but I love it too!

      Delete
  2. Love your pineapples and your secret project.so pretty.
    I am making some secret projects too. Taming my scraps with 4 patches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! Scraps make the best quilts. I'm sure your secret projects are great!

      Delete
  3. You are doing a great job of choosing the scraps for your pineapples. I guess using the same colour for centers helps cohesiveness. Yes, there never is an end to scraps it seems. But you do have pretty ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn! I feel scraps always look good when grouped together. It's a little time consuming but worth the effort!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...