Thursday, September 3, 2020

I Like Thursday #67

 

It's Thursday so it's time for fun and uplifting posts. Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more positive posts by other bloggers. Do you remember this trunk? I posted about it awhile ago.My mother received this trunk when she was a young girl. She recently got it back and renovated it. She painted it the color that was closest to the original finish.

She cleaned the interior and lined it with new paper. As you can see, I'm storing my quilts in it. My mother and I put them in there together this past Monday. She said it reminded her of when she was little and used to store her linens as well as other items in there. 

I bought this yarn the other day. Has anyone ever used it? It was on sale and I couldn't resist. I love the different colors included in one skein.

Speaking of yarn, I've been trying my hand at brioche knitting. This is the best sample I've made so far. These pictures show the 2 different sides of the same piece. Each size has a different dominant color. I have to learn increase and decrease before I can get to my brioche scarf project.

 

I just bought a summer wreath for my door! I hated the one I had up there all summer. I saw this one on sale and grabbed it! I like the way it looks. I won't have it up much longer but I'm all set for next year!

That's my likes for the week! Have a great Labor Day weekend! I'm off so it's good already!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary! Your mom did an excellent job refinishing the chest. It's so nice that you found a spot for it and filled it with quilts. I'm certain that the chest is happy to have a new purpose looking so spiffy. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! My mom is so happy to see her chest being used again.

      Delete
  2. That is so cool that your Mom refurbished the trunk. Beautiful job! Your new wreath is beautiful and I am eyeing that knitting. Looks awesome. I have not tried mandala yarn. You will have to let us know what you think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a fun time checking out the sales at JoAnn's! I'm so happy the trunk is in my family room. It looks perfect where we put it.

      Delete
  3. The trunk is gorgeous. The girl's grandfather made 3 different trunks for the girls. He would find them at garage and yard sales and redo them. The girls cherish them. I have some of the Caron type yarn called cakes I think I started a crochet project, but got side tracked. Gorgeous wreath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I'm so glad I have the trunk home with me. I was thinking of making a shawl with that new yarn. We'll see!

      Delete
  4. I remember that trunk! Yay! It looks great. That yarn is pretty cool. Like the wreath, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you do have some knitting yarn lying around that is similar but not quite the same, you can still often use it for cuffs, collars and other areas where a slight variation in color may actually highlight your knitted works and make them even more beautiful. billigt ullgarn

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the first few years after World War Two, the European fashion for wearing T-shirts as an outer garment, inspired mainly by new US army uniforms, spread to the civilian population of America. Branded t shirts

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...