Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Pressing Matters

 

Even though I have many more blocks to make for my Pineapple Quilt, I'm thinking ahead to when I'll be sewing it together. I ironed the seams away from the center for the first 41 blocks. I started to press the last 2 rounds toward the middle for the remaining 40 blocks. As you see in this picture, the seams will all line up and it should be easier for me to sew together. (I hope!)

These blocks are still in progress. When these are finished, I'll have 52 blocks complete! I'm getting there a little bit at a time! Only 29 blocks left to make!  There is still no noticeable dent in my stash. Ugh!!!

4 comments:

  1. It is so strange that we all find the same thing--using scraps for a project, that scrap stash doesn't seem to get any smaller
    does it;000. With all the CS blocks I've made (76 now) --I still have four bins almost full--and one has begun to overflow--how does this happen???
    Well your new blocks are lovely--great idea for the seaming later on... hugs, stay safe Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! We need to find a real plan that uses up all these scraps! We're trying and yet nothing works!

      Delete
  2. Very nice blocks. I find that as I put things together I try to make sure that I iron it so that it snugs together better lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette. I learned the hard way that it's better to plan your seams ahead of time!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...