Thursday, September 17, 2020

I Like Thursday #69

 

It's Thursday and time for a positive post. Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to see more fun and inspiring posts. As you can see, we decorated the house for Fall. I supplied the wreath, my husband did the rest! He really enjoys working outside and keeping up our lawn. (I'm usually inside sewing!!) All the houses in my neighborhood seem to have their autumn decor on display. I thought it was a little early but I guess we're right on time.

I did buy this little decorated pumpkin for my family room. It's so cute! I found it at my grocery store!

Massachusetts had a tax-free weekend a few weeks ago. My husband wanted to replace his leather chair for awhile now. He found one he liked and it was delivered this past weekend. He loves it! It's much more comfortable than his older one. I guess that's what happens after almost 20 years of using the same chair!

It's been getting chilly around here but it's way too early to put the heat on. We use this little electric heater when we want to warm up a room. I think Lily likes it! She gets nice and toasty while she snoozes. She always looks so comfortable.

That's my week! I hope you all have a great weekend!  It's supposed to be very cool here. That's fine with me!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary! That new leather chair looks quite comfy and especially fetching with that pretty pillow. I have to giggle at Lily hogging all the heat - I'll bet she's nice and toasty - every bit of her. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lily sure knows how to stretch out and absorb all that heat! She's very cute! The pillow came with the chair. We didn't expect it but we like it too!!

      Delete
  2. Such an inviting front door and decor! We have all leather furniture because of the dogs who gradually were unable to get up on it. Luckily we both love leather. And hubby's chair looks very comfy and will probably last another 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn! I hope the chair does last awhile. I like the look of leather. It complements the furniture in our family room.

      Delete
  3. Your front door is wonderful! How pretty. Yay for the new chair! May it give you many years of comfort! Happy kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your porch looks so inviting. Love the decorations and the new chair looks super comfy. So Lily is a heat lover. Great likes have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! It's supposed to be really cool this weekend. I've got my trusty heater working!

      Delete
  5. Oh yay! Someone else has white pumpkins, but you have orange ones too! I planted one pumpkin plant and have several giant WHITE pumpkins. They were a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you grow your pumpkins?? We bought ours. I think my husband wanted to mix up the different pumpkins. They do look nice!

      Delete
  6. Your doorway looks so pretty. Lily is a smart kitty soaking up the heat. Dunkin has been too.snuggling his butt under quilts. They are smart. Hubs chair looks comfy. I forgot about that weekend. Ughhh. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dawn! Cats are so intelligent! We bought too much over tax free weekend but we've never taken advantage of it before. It's about time we did!!

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...