Sunday, August 2, 2020

Farewell to Long Time Gone


I'm just posting a few pictures of my completed Long Time Gone! I had a blast quilting this one. It wasn't always easy to come up with ideas but once I did, it was easy!


I tried some new ideas. I liked some but not all of them. The quilt came out pretty good whether or not I liked the quilting pattern so it worked out fine!


I have a whole new respect for straight parallel lines. They look simple and add a lot to the quilt. They aren't as easy as they look. It's so easy to wander off the ruler.
 

I love the ribbon candy in the sashing. It's fun, quick and always looks good.


I'll end this post with a picture of the backing. It's actually more pink than purple as it looks here. I hope you liked my pictures! I'm getting my binding ready. I can't believe it's done!



7 comments:

  1. The quilt turned out fabulous and I love your quilting. Great job it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This os one beautiful quilt...super job on both the piecing and the quilting designs hugs from afar, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! Watch out for the hurricane!

      Delete
  3. That is great work! What a superb job you have done, and that is a really pretty quilt xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a stunning finish!! I have enjoyed watching your progress with this quilt.

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...