Thursday, July 30, 2020

I Like Thursday #62


It's Thursday so it's time for a happy and upbeat post. I'm so happy to say I have finished quilting Long Time Gone! I'm just posting this one picture for now. I'll be doing a whole post with more pictures. I tried some different quilt motifs and learned a few tricks! It took awhile to quilt but I'm glad it's done and looks pretty good!


I went to the dentist this week. The office staff tried to make things cheerful. I noticed there were no magazines to read while waiting. I suppose that's a good thing since we don't want to touch magazines that someone else has been handling. It just shows so many things have changed.

Image may contain: one or more people, pool, tree and outdoor

I stuck my legs in our little pool one day after work. It was surprisingly refreshing! I hung out on my deck for a while. It was a nice way to decompress from an exhausting day.


This is the backing I got for the t-shirt quilt I'm working on. I found out the quilt owner loves cats. I love the watercolor look of this fabric. I think it will be a nice contrast with the t-shirts. I just finished backing each block with fusible interfacing. However, I have to re-iron some blocks since the interfacing didn't fuse as well as it should have. I may use a little basting spray to really get it stuck on well.

That's my likes for the week! It's been hot and rain has been scarce. I can't believe it's almost August! Where does the time go? Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more fun and positive posts! 

19 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary! Congrats on finishing your quilt! It looks gorgeous as does your quilting. Learning something and trying something new is a good thing. Yay you! Ahh, that pool looks so refreshing. I'll bet that woke you up and made your feet feel great. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Roseanne! I'm thrilled to have that quilt finished. That little pool was just what I needed after work!

      Delete
  2. Rosemary--this is such a beautiful quilt...you did a fabulous job on both piecing and quilting...
    hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! It was fun to make but so glad it's done!

      Delete
  3. That quilt is amazing! Great colors and I love all those blocks. That back deck pool looks refreshing! Love that backing - look forward to seeing that quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! It's taking a while just getting that t-shirt quilt ready to quilt. It may take awhile!

      Delete
  4. Your Long Time Gone Quilt is beautiful Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda! Hope all is well with you. I miss seeing you!

      Delete
  5. Long Time Gone is awesome. That is the best part about a pool, is just relaxing and dipping your toes somedays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! The pool is small but easy to care for!

      Delete
  6. Long time is beautiful. Congrats! Great way to cool off and relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn. I hope you're staying cool too! It's been hot for too long!

      Delete
  7. I'll echo what everyone is saying and state your Long Time Gone is beautiful. What an heirloom it will be. Too bad you can't drop by my place, Rosemary, and have a dip in the pool. It is quite refreshing as you say especially in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I wish we lived closer so we could visit each other! We'd have a great time!

      Delete
  8. Wow! That is one beautiful finish! I spent some time just gazing at your beautifully intricate quilt! Yes, things have changed quite a bit. What a lovely way to decompress! Looks so relaxing! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words! So nice to hear from you!

      Delete
  9. Wow, your quilt is fantastic!! Love all the different fabrics you've chosen.
    Kathleen -- kakingsbury at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  10. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...