Thursday, July 16, 2020

I Like Thursday #60


This has not been my best week. I usually work 3 days a week. I like it best when they're spread out.  I have to get up quite early to be at work for 6am. However, this past week, I worked Friday, Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. It's exhausting! I spent most of Sunday cleaning the house. I feel like I'm finally catching up on my sleep. Anyways, one day last week, I thought the sky looked a little ominous and took a picture. I thought we'd get a thunderstorm but not even a drop of rain!


I caught Molly having a little rest. She decided my table topper in my formal dining room was just perfect for her! She looks quite comfortable. I tried to shoo her off but she ignored me. I don't think either cat is afraid of me!


I've been trying to buy this book but I can never find it in stock. It's published by Laine Publishing which is from Finland. The first English edition sold out. I'm trying to get on a list for the second edition. I love to knit socks and this book does not disappoint. The patterns I've seen are gorgeous. I hope I can get it soon!


I made this wall hanging years ago. I took a class with Mary Sorenson who was teaching needle turn applique. This was the project we were working on in her class. I could never really get the hang of needle turn and went back to my freezer paper method. The wall hanging still came out great! She did teach us some great methods to make those skinny stems. 

That's it for this week! Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more fun and positive posts. I actually have windows open today. It's not too hot. So nice to feel that breeze!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary! Boy, those clouds do look ominous - doesn't it just figure that you didn't get any rain from them?!! I start work at 6 am, too. I get up at 4:30 and leave before 5 am to make the 50 mile drive. Well, not since mid-March but that has been my normal for 8 years. Now my commute is so short that I can sleep until 5:45 and still make it to the living room in plenty of time. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I bet you enjoy your new commute! So fast! Haha!

      Delete
  2. Just adore your appliqued wall hanging...sweet chickadees ?. I'm an early riser and in my teaching days got up at 6:15...didn't need an alarm and still wake around that time. But I didn't need to be at work till around 7:45. Meanwhile, about your book...have you tried The Book Depository Uk with free shipping worldwide. If they don't have it, they often suggest places to look. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I had never heard of The Book Depository and did try it, but no luck. I will never get used to getting up at 5am. I'm more of a night owl.

      Delete
  3. Your wall hanging is lovely! I wish I could get the hang of needle turn applique too! But, I haven’t mastered it yet,
    Hope you find your book! I’m not a knitter, but I ❤️ those that can knit socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love your wall hanging. What a bad, content kitty! 52 weeks of socks - what a great title. Hope this next week is a little easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sally! I was alone for 2 of those days and it was so stressful! I think this week will be better.

      Delete
  5. Miss Molly ain't afraid o'nobody!
    I like to knit socks but use the same formula so I don't have to think! So many days in a row of work is tiring. DH is back on a Mon-Friday schedule and it feels so different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to retire. I've been doing this for so long and I've had it.

      Delete
  6. I know what you mean by those clouds! It's looking that way here too and I know we won't get a drop. I admire anyone who can knit socks, I've never gone beyond scarves or washcloths. Hope you can find the book and most of all, I hope you get good rest! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! Socks aren't that hard. I think I did get some rest but I'm back at work tomorrow. 6am again! Not looking forward to it!

      Delete
  7. Wow those clouds are scary. We have had a couple of days of lots of rain and storms. Now we are just hot, and humid. I feel you when it comes to days off. Lately I get one day a week, and when they switch from a Tuesday off to the following Thursday.....Also the early mornings, I am at work by 5 am, but I only live 10 minutes away too. I am so jealous of those of you that knit socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live pretty close to work too but I still have a hard time getting in there so early! It's so hot and humid today. I heard today starts our first heat wave of the season. Socks aren't as hard as they look! I wish I could show you!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...