Thursday, July 23, 2020

I Like Thursday #61


It's Thursday so it's time for a fun and positive post. My hydrangeas are just starting to blossom. I love seeing these beautiful flowers every year. Ours are blue but I hear you can change their color by adding something to the soil. I'm happy with blue so I'll leave them alone!


I made shrimp with zucchini noodles. It was so good! I added a little pesto sauce to my serving. The recipe is Paleo but the pesto sauce is not. I didn't mind cheating a little bit!


I've always wanted to try quilted clamshells within a grid. I tried it on this block from Long Time Gone. It's fast and looks great. I will definitely try this one again.


I'm not much of a drinker but I did enjoy having a drink when going out for dinner. I haven't been out to eat in months. I saw these cute little pre-made drinks. I just have to freeze them and enjoy! I'm sure they're not the best but I feel they're worth a try!

That's it for me this week. Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more fun posts to read. We're under a thunderstorm watch so I'm getting off the computer now! Enjoy your weekend!

14 comments:

  1. The colors of the shrimp and zucchini are wonderful! Your clamshells are so nice and even.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I used a little plastic circle with markings to make those circles. So easy!!

      Delete
  2. Your shrimp looks yummy. I am envious of your hydrangea...I am never successful with them. I have one tiny one that is hanging on and actually has multiplied a little. Love your quilting on the Long Time Gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Colette! I really enjoyed quilting those clamshells. They were so much easier than I expected.

      Delete
  3. Your hydrangea is so pretty! Great idea with the zucchini!!! I love the clamshells and thought it would be difficult! Yours are lovely! Have a safe and happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! I was a little nervous to try the clamshells but they were so easy and fast! It was a nice surprise!

      Delete
  4. Yes you can change the color of your hydrangeas by making the soil acidic or alkaline. Its fun to do. Your quilting is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! It was so fun to make those clamshells!

      Delete
  5. Oooooo those frozen drinks!!! I'll have one of each please! and shrimp with zucc. yea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to enjoy one of those drinks tomorrow night! I'm looking forward to it!

      Delete
  6. Hydrangeas - love them, I have eight in my garden, your shrimp and zucchini noodles is making my mouth water looking at your photo! The clamshell quilting on your block is very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rosemary! That same hydrangea planted in my soil would be pink! I love the clamshell quilting. Did you use the piecing as your grid? I would also like to try a Baptist fan pattern some day. Those pre-made drinks look delicious to me, although I'm not much of a drinker, either. Happy Saturday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! Yes, I used the squares as my grid. I had a little circle with markings that made it easy to stitch the clamshells. I was going to have one of those drinks last night but I forgot I had them! Maybe next week!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...