Monday, July 6, 2020

Piecing and Quilting


These are the Pineapple Blocks I've made so far. I really love the way the blocks look all together. I love the circular pattern made by the lighter fabrics. These blocks aren't very difficult. I only separate light from dark and make sure I don't sew same fabrics too close to each other. And I get to use up those pesky scraps!



I haven't been taking many pictures of my quilting on Long Time Gone. I just finished these diamonds over the weekend. I quilted double arcs along the straight edges of the diamond with a little swirl in the middle. I also stitched lines in the light background. I like it! Some lines are a little wobbly but it's passable!


I was sitting on the couch when Lily decided to sleep on me. She looked so comfy that I just sat for awhile. I didn't want to disturb the little kitty!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! I was off and enjoyed being with my family and friends.

6 comments:

  1. I love the pineapple circular look too; beautiful work on this one...your quilting on the diamonds looks great, too.
    hugs from afar Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose. I hope you got to enjoy the nice weather today.

      Delete
  2. So many pieces in those pineapple blocks. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sally! I love using up those scraps.

      Delete
  3. Love your pineapples and your other quilt yoo. Lily is so darned cute. I wouldnt be able to move her either. Cutie petutie....Dunkin is giving cat whistles ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...