Thursday, July 9, 2020

I Like Thursday #59


It's Thursday so it's time for a happy and fun post. I'm late posting this but I had an appointment this morning and then I went to a quilt shop. More about that later! It looks like we're getting some vegetables! Here's a cute tomato!


A jalapeno!


A Fresno chili pepper! I'm not a fan of anything hot but my family loves hot peppers. I'll stick with the tomatoes!


This is the premier issue of a  brand new quilt magazine, Quick and Easy Quilts. You all know how much I love Victoria Findlay Wolfe. One of her patterns is found in this issue. I just had to go out and buy it! There are some nice quilt patterns that are quick and not overly complicated. I got my copy at Joann's.


After my doctor's appointment, I went to a local quilt shop. It just opened in the last few weeks. I haven't been there in ages. I wanted to reward myself for going to the doctor.  I bought these 2 books. I'm always scouring the internet for ideas when I start quilting. They look like 2 great books to have for reference. One covers rulers while the other one is more free motion quilting. 

That's it for me this week. I hope you visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more fun and inspiring posts. I'm staying indoors. It's hot and humid out there. I've been sewing and reading. I start a long stretch at work tomorrow. Ugh. My fun is over.


11 comments:

  1. It is cold and wet here! We seem to be having a summer of rain. Your new quilt books look like useful references. It is nice to be able to get back into a quilt store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't had much rain at all here. I love looking over the quilt patterns in these books! So many ideas!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosemary! Your veggies are coming along nicely. I love tomatoes as well as mild and hot peppers. They all look yummy to me. How nice that you could get out and stop at your LQS. I'm sure they appreciated your visit and yippee to new books on quilting. I always struggle trying to figure out what to stitch. I'm sorry your fun is over. Boo. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! It's been so hot here. The only good thing about work is that it's nice and cool and it's been very quiet!

      Delete
  3. I have just a few tiny tomatoes so far but I am hopeful! Yes, you deserve a little reward and supporting the smaller stores right now is a great thing to do. I too like Victoria's work and just now finished her block for the Quiltmania series. It required unsewing which was totally me, not her pattern. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn. I just love Victoria's work. Her patterns aren't the easiest but so worth it when done!

      Delete
  4. Your tomatoes and jalapeños look so great! I have tomatoes this year, but no peppers and now I'm sorry! My mom was talking about her bumper pepper crop and I got very envious! I love the cheese/bacon jalapeño poppers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them, Shannon! I'm not crazy about anything too spicy but my family loves them!

      Delete
  5. Your veggies look great. Nice start to a salsa me thinks. Ha ha. Nice reward for going to drs. That magazine looks neat too. Will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I always love buying new quilt stuff!

      Delete
  6. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...