Thursday, August 6, 2020

I Like Thursday #63


It's Thursday so it's time for positive and uplifting posts. Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more fun posts. I finally hung my Kaffe's Bouquet in the family room. It was a fun project. I like seeing it as I watch TV or sit on the couch reading. It's a pattern by Creative Bee Studios. They like to use the wrong side of fabrics. My watering can in the wall hanging is made up of the back of the fabric.


I spied this hornet's next right outside my dining room window. I have noticed the cats looking out of the window more often than usual. I guess they like seeing the hornets fly in and out. I'm so glad there's a pane of glass between us!


I'm almost done my shawl/curl! I love working with his yarn. It's 100% merino wool that was hand dyed. 


The day before we were supposed to get the hurricane, my husband decided to plant this Canadian Cherry tree. Thankfully, the hurricane wasn't too bad and the tree is still there! My husband tells me to expect pink blossoms in the spring. 

Those are my likes for the week. I'm still staying in as much as I can although I have gone to appointments. I'm off next week but don't expect to really go anywhere. It will be a treat just to not go to work. I always enjoy my time at home. 

15 comments:

  1. I love this basket piece. I turn fabrics around all the time especially for backgrounds or when I need two shades of green from one fabric. Meanwhile so happy your pretty new tree stood up to the wind and here’s hoping for blooms for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I like using the wrong side of the fabric. You can use the same fabric different ways.

      Delete
  2. oh, the new tree is pretty and will bring beauty for years! Glad you made it thru the hurricane safely!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna. It could have been so much worse!

      Delete
  3. Gah! look at the size of that nest! I can see why your cats were intrigued. That yarn is gorgeous. That shawl will be amazing. Glad the tree weathered the storm. Should be good strong stock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, Sally! We've lost a few trees at that same position. I'm definitely keeping away from that nest!

      Delete
  4. Hi Rosemary! How clever, using the wrong side of the fabric for the watering can. I am 100% certain I've done that a few times myself but by accident. HAHAHA! HOLY MOLY - that is one BIG hornet's nest. Egad. I try to spray them when they are the size of a quarter. Scary! I look forward to seeing those pink blossoms in the Spring! Don't forget to share them. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've used the wrong side of fabric by accident too! Totally unintentional! I'll share pictures if I get flowers this spring. Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. Pretty little quilt. The tree looks lovely. Ewww wasps. I had one in my house the other day, had no idea where it came from, well it came from the pantry, how it got in there is another story. Enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Colette! I don't have a whole lot planned but it will be great to not have to get up at 5am to go to work!

      Delete
  6. EEK on the hornet's nest! Glad you have a window between you as well! Great projects--I love your flower quilt, so pretty! Have a safe and happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! I'll have a quiet week at home which I will thoroughly enjoy!

      Delete
  7. Your wallhanging is adorable. Those hornets were busy building. Ughhhh i would be calling an exterminator.yikes. have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I hope my husband can get rid of that nest. It's so big!!

      Delete
  8. Kaffe's Bouquet is beautiful Rosemary! Hope you were able to dispose of the hornet nest safely.

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...