Thursday, August 13, 2020

I Like Thursday #64

 

Welcome to I Love Thursday! Each week, a group of us bloggers try to write happy and uplifting posts. Go visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more fun posts. I bought this cute ornament for a friend of mine whose birthday is coming up soon. She loves to cook so I thought it was perfect! I found it at my local quilt shop. I didn't expect to find such a cute non-quilting gift there.  Hope she likes it!

I bought this scarf at CVS. Another unusual find! It's so soft and the lace is so pretty. I just couldn't resist buying it. I think it will be perfect for when the cooler weather arrives. If it ever arrives!!

I've noticed these free little libraries around my town. I would have loved this when I was in school. You can borrow books and just return them when you're done. I'm going to look around and see if I have any left over books from when my kids were little. I would love to donate since it's such a great idea.

Speaking of books, this is what I'm reading now. I'm about 1/4 of the way through and it's wonderful! It takes place in Nantucket and is the perfect summer read.

That's my likes for the week! I've been off all week and enjoying myself! I've caught up on many projects and got out to shop a few times. So nice to not have to get up at 5am! I just wish I didn't have to go back.


20 comments:

  1. Aren't those little libraries awesome. Super way to encourage reading. Lovely scarf. Hope you had an awesome time off. I hear ya about the early hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I can't believe I only have 2 more days off and then back to work! Ugh!!!

      Delete
  2. awe cute gift... I used to read a blog by three authors that was so fun... Elin was one of them. I will go look for that book... LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute ornament! I love those little libraries! They're so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rosemary! Can you promise we will get cooler weather at some point?!! HAHA! I think your friend that cooks will love this gift and even more your thoughtfulness. Oh, the book libraries - we have always wanted to start one of those on our front yard. That was supposed to be a spring/summer project with some friends - I guess maybe next year. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne. I feel this year hasn't turned out the way we would have liked for so many reasons. I hope next year will be better!

      Delete
  5. Ugh! That first day back from vacation is such a shock to the system! Ha! Good luck! I see those little libraries up and around our small towns too. I think ours also have books for adults in there too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not looking forward to Monday! I didn't know adult books were in those little libraries. I'll have to look into that! Thanks for the nice comment!

      Delete
  6. Btw, it's good to be on vaction and I know you will love using that new template.
    I'm pretty sure your friend will love that ornament...it is very cute and sounds appropriate too.
    Is the scarf made of wool? Pretty colour.
    Little book libraries have sprung up here too. Such a fun great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! The scarf is made of poly/cotton. It's nice and soft! The little libraries are such a great idea, especially with Covid. Have a great week!

      Delete
  7. What a super cute ornament! I love christmas ornaments that are unique and different. And the little free libraries are so cool. I hope you find some stuff to donate! I like Elin Hilderbrand's books. I haven't read 28 summers, but they are typically fun escapist summertime reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shannon! I'm still enjoying the book. I don't want it to end!

      Delete
  8. We love our little libraries. I made masks for folks and left them there (the librarian was delighted when I asked). It's a great community spot! Love that stocking and your scarf! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great place to leave masks! Thanks so much, Michele!

      Delete
  9. Glad you enjoyed your vacation. It is hard going back isnt it. Grest likes.love the library idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! It was tough going back to work yesterday. I'm glad I'm off today to recover!

      Delete
  10. You got yourself a pretty find in that scarf. :-) So far I've only been dreaming about installing a Little Library in our yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those Little Libraries are such a great idea. I thought they were only for children but heard adult books are in there too.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...