Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Color My World Through July


I finished July's directions for Color My World in 2 days! So quick this month! This picture shows all my progress to date. 

These are the July buildings knows as Tall Buildings #2. These buildings are long and skinny. However, the real time saver is the window construction. They're basically one long rectangle. I made the door first and then added each window along with the little piece of the building background. 

These are Tall Buildings #1. These are a bit shorter than the July tall building. However, those windows, although small, took a long time! They have a little bit of the building between the windows to make them look like 2 windows side by side. You start with one window, add building fabric, add the other window and then add building fabric to either side. This takes a long time! July was more fun!

The buildings are getting taller. Once they're all done and put together properly, they will square off the round center. I almost didn't make this quilt because I thought it might be too difficult. I'm so glad I tried it. It's so much easier than I expected!

10 comments:

  1. Love your quilt so far. I haven't done July yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You'll love it this month! Fast and easy!!

      Delete
  2. Your quilt is turning out so nice. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I'm not used to working with solids but they look so good together!

      Delete
  3. I'm so impressed with your detail work and color choices! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Michele! I think the solids look nice!

      Delete
  4. Its beautiful. I never would have tackled it lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I love the "tall buildings" that I see as shutters. I was intrigued with this pattern but couldn't jump in... but your blocks are outstanding. Now those shutters are really calling my name

    ReplyDelete

Fabric Placement

I've been working on making the border for Alaska. Edyta Sitar has a picture on her blog where she repeats one of the blocks as the bord...