Thursday, July 15, 2021

I Like Thursday #101


 Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers get together every Thursday to write fun and uplifting posts. You can see more of these posts over at LeeAnna's blog, Not Afraid of Color. My post starts today with these 2 adorable baby deer. I've seen them in my yard a few times but they got very close to the house this time. I never see their mama but I'm sure she's around keeping an eye on them. They are just so cute!


We have a patio in our backyard where my husband keeps the grill. We have a retaining wall that had the perfect place to plant these hydrangea. They're just starting to blossom. I love that blue color!

We've been getting so much rain lately. We've had lots of thunderstorms complete with hail and much lightning. The weather app said we were going to have another storm but we never really got it. I could hear thunder but that's it. I did notice this weird cloud. It had this orange tint to it. It looked a little ominous but it never amounted to anything. It just went away.

I just finished this book yesterday. It's so charming. It's about 4 women who enter a cooking contest during World War II in England. It's heartwarming and full of recipes. These women aren't rich and have many problems but they're strong and courageous. So good!

That's it this week! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Awe your deer are cute. I am envious of your lovely hydrangea. We have been getting a lot of rain, and thunderstorms too. So not much yard work is getting accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! It's tough just getting the grass cut. It's always too wet!

      Delete
  2. We got the downpour that didn't hit you! Those fawns are cute. Your hydrangea looks happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sally! The weather has not been too good. I hope the pattern changes. I haven't even been sitting outside much.

      Delete
  3. Our weather has been strange and we've had thunder and hail with wind and heat warnings...so much weather!!
    I have seen a deer with a fawn and am on the hunt to get a good photo of them. They are such gentle creatures.
    Oh, I need a blue hydrangea! I have pink and white but that blue is stunning, Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn! Your property is beautiful with or without blue hydrangea!

      Delete

Fabric Placement

I've been working on making the border for Alaska. Edyta Sitar has a picture on her blog where she repeats one of the blocks as the bord...