Wednesday, July 7, 2021

I Like Thursday #100


Welcome to I Like Thursday! This is my 100th I Like Thursday post. A group of bloggers post happy and positive posts every Thursday. You can visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more of these posts. I was watching General Hospital this afternoon. (One of my guilty pleasures!) Lily sat next to me and took a little nap. She looked so comfy that I just had to snap a picture of her. It was quite a hot day today and she was very warm but I didn't dare move! I kind of liked her sitting so closely.


As I said, today was very warm. I wasn't that hungry so I made a vegetarian pizza. I basically saute onions, mushrooms and eggplant. I use a cauliflower crust. I spread Rao's Pizza sauce on the crust before adding the vegetables. It bakes in the over for about 15 minutes. It's so good and light!


I'm making some great progress machine quilting Star Storm. I quilted these arcs that are also called pumpkin seed. I love the secondary circular design. I measured a 4 inch square and drew diagonals as guides to where the arcs would be drawn. Once you get the hang of it, it works up quickly.


I received a gift card for Victoria Findlay Wolfe Quilts. I had heard she was going to publish some new patterns so I waited a little bit before buying anything. I ended up getting this great kit from her online store. This is the pattern I bought, Picnic Flowers.


This is the fabric that came with the kit. I love it! It's basically 4 very big blocks made up of lots of half square triangles. I'm sure there are some tricks and tips in her directions. I can't wait to work on it!

That's my week! I hope you all have a nice weekend. Stay cool!





14 comments:

  1. Great likes! I love the fabric kit you chose and your quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! I love posting quilt stuff!!

      Delete
  2. the pizza is healthy and looks so good. I enjoy a cauliflower crust. Sometimes when Milo peacefully (mercifully) lies down on us we ask the other to fetch our drinks as we have DOL (dog on lap)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Your Kitty looks so comfy laying next to you. Your Star Storm quilt is looking good. Love the fabric in your kit..so pretty. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pizza looks yummy. Oh your kit and the pattern look like fun, and as always your quilting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I missed you and I'm glad you're back!

      Delete
  5. That is a seriously loaded pizza! :-) Pretty fabrics, and cute kitty. Definitely things to smile about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Lily's photo! They sleep cute these pets of ours don't they. That pizza sounds so good to me and healthy too. Beautiful quilting and as you say, a pretty secondary pattern is forming. I can see you doing a wonderful job of Virginia's design. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lily looks so comfy. Your pizza looks delish. And as always your quilting is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Fabric Placement

I've been working on making the border for Alaska. Edyta Sitar has a picture on her blog where she repeats one of the blocks as the bord...