Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Triangle Border


I'm almost done quilting Star Storm. It's been a challenge coming up with designs for each of the star segments. I found a few great tutorials on creating a triangle texture border. The hardest part is making sure I'm making my parallel lines going in a different direction from the closest triangles. That's what makes the great texture!


My first step is marking the triangles. The space I'm filling is on the diagonal so it was a little difficult to make the triangles exactly even. I sort of did the best I could. After marking, I took out my ruler and outlined by sewing each triangle. I also marked what direction the parallel lines should be sewn. You can see little dashes in the above picture. I used them as guides but I did screw them up a few times!


I quilted 1/4 parallel lines. As you can see, this process creates a great texture. Once this area is done, I just have the center star left! I received 2 customer quilts yesterday so I'm glad to almost be done. I'll blog about them soon!




2 comments:

Fabric Placement

I've been working on making the border for Alaska. Edyta Sitar has a picture on her blog where she repeats one of the blocks as the bord...