Thursday, July 22, 2021

I Like Thursday #102


Welcome to I Like Thursday where a group of us bloggers post happy and uplifting pictures and ideas. Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more fun posts. I know I've posted pictures of Lily sleeping before but I took this picture the other day and just had to share! She looks so comfy and relaxed. How I wish I could sleep like that! She surely keeps me warm even if it's hot and humid! Isn't that nice of her??

This is my husband's little vegetable garden. He has 2 tomato plants, 2 jalapeno peppers and 2 zucchini plants. We had to put the fence and mesh around it to keep the wild animals from nibbling on our plants. It's actually fuller than it looks in this picture. The plants have been doing well with all the rain we've been getting. 

Speaking of the rain, I haven't opened the umbrella on my deck lately since it's been so wet and humid. I opened it today and almost screamed. This little green frog fell out of the umbrella. He jumped onto my deck railing and has vanished as quickly as I found him.


I finished quilting Star Storm. I still need to trim it and get the binding ready. I just love the texture in the middle of this quilt. This quilt was a challenge to quilt for me but I'm really happy about how it turned out. I planned the quilting motif for each of the stars. I followed my little road map and it worked out well.

That's my week! Enjoy your weekend and stay healthy! Covid just won't go away!


11 comments:

  1. Lilly looks comfy! Cute little frog. Star Storm is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that kitty is soooooo comfy. I just want to reach through and touch her tummy! Milo sleeps like that. Your quilting is awesome and the garden looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeeAnna! I love when Lily gets that comfy!

      Delete
  3. I love to see pets sleeping; they always look so comfy and relaxed and you are right, if only we could sleep like that. I think your frog is a tree frog, neat to see. Lovely quilting as always a treat to see. Good luck with the veggies to your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn! I always enjoy your comments!

      Delete
  4. The appearance of that treefrog would have made my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He scared me so badly! He jumped very quickly. I'm glad he got out of my umbrella and back out to nature!

      Delete
  5. Your star storm is breathtaking! Love your photos of Lily and the frog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! So nice to hear from you!

      Delete
  6. I really enjoyed the frog photo and story.
    Your star quilt is wonderful and will be so loved.

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...