Monday, July 26, 2021

Star Storm - Quilted!


I finished quilting Star Storm a few days ago. I was in the middle of working a few days in a row but found a little time to finish that center star. I don't even have the binding cut out yet but I'll be doing that soon! It was a great feeling to know I had finished this quilt. I approached this one completely different than I usually do. I quilted each seam first before beginning any quilt design. I was able to move over the quilt any way I needed once it was all outlined. I wasn't sure that would work but it did!

I took random pictures of different areas of the quilt so you can see the quilting.

I made a little "road map" I could follow so I would know what to quilt in each area. Once I saw that my plan worked, I could relax and get the quilting done!

I've already posted this picture but the middle is my favorite part! I really love the texture. So fun!

The binding is next!!


8 comments:

  1. Wow! I love everything about this quilt! Your quilting is just wonderful. Congratulations on finishing what must have been a huge challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's so nice to hear how much you like my quilt! This one wasn't very easy.

      Delete
  2. Rosemary this is one awesome quilt. I love the design, the fabrics and the way you quilted it!!! Wowsa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply beautiful...lovely work on this Rosemary...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Such a great feeling! It's done and it came out good!!

      Delete
  4. Your quilt turned out gorgeous. Love the idea of stitching the seams so it is easier to move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I wasn't sure if that would work but it was so much easier in the end.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...