Sunday, August 22, 2021

Checkered Table Runner


I bought this fabric a few weeks ago with the intention of making a table runner. This is the layout I decided on. I'm not sure how long I'm going to make it. I'm sort of making rows, adding them and figuring out what I like.  I'll post dimensions when I'm finally finished.


I started out by making strips. Not knowing how big this table runner would be, I decided to just make 4 strips sets of each color. I think I'll need more yellow strips.

I didn't know how much to cut so I just cut enough for a a few rows. I decided to figure it out as I went along. This isn't my usual way of working but it was kind of fun to see just where this would take me.


Here are the first 2 rows! I was a little surprised to see it all come together. It's always a big step from the math to the actual product. I still have a ways to go but so far, so good!

Hurricane Henri hit our area this morning. Although a tropical storm when making landfall, we did get a good amount of rain this morning. The wind was picking up too. It seems to have moved more west than first anticipated so it's calmed down quite a bit. It's been a dark and dismal afternoon. We've had lots of drizzle and some wind but nothing crazy. That's fine with me!

12 comments:

  1. Fun table topper so bright and sunny. Sometimes it is just fun to sew. Glad the storm skirted you. Dawn says it went to the west of her in MA. It looks like it went right over where Julierose lives though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! We were so lucky with the storm passing west of us. I messaged Julierose earlier and she said everything was okay. I hope it stayed that way.

      Delete
  2. Glad Henri fizzled and you are safe
    I just need to worry about flooded areas on my way to work and downed trees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Henri turned out to be much better than expected! I hope everything was okay on your to work.

      Delete
  3. Ps love your topper and i like working that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! It's sort of fun to just sew and see how it goes.

      Delete
  4. Wow! I admire your ability to just “wing it”! It’s looking great! Can’t wait to see the completion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I don't usually sew like this but it's sort of fun!!

      Delete
  5. Hi Rosemary! Cute table topper - I love the color choices. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quilt math boggles my mind though oddly enough I was always good at algebra in school. I admire your ability to work this out. Such nice crisp colours together, Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn! I had worked out the math but I still wasn't sure it would work out. It was a relief to see it was okay.

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...