Thursday, August 5, 2021

I Like Thursday #104


 Welcome to I Like Thursday where a bunch of bloggers post positive and uplifting posts. You can visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to read more of these posts. My husband and I went to Ogunquit, Maine yesterday. We try to go every summer although we missed it last year due to Covid. This was the view as we were shopping in Perkins Cove. So pretty!




As we were walking to the center of town, a home had a rock wall filled with these very inspiring colored rocks. They were very positive and optimistic. They were fun to read as we walked by.


I dropped off my sewing machine to get a much needed cleaning. Of course, I had to do a little shopping while I was there. I bought this pretty yarn for a future brioche project. As tough as brioche is for me, I have found another project that I'm going to try to tackle. More about that later!!


I found a bag of Cotton + Steel fabric scraps. I just couldn't resist! I have enough of my own scraps but these fabrics were so nice that they followed me home!

That's been my week! It's been on the cool side which is just fine with me! Have a wonderful weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip! Those rocks are fun. Love the pink yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I had a great time! I love that yarn too!

      Delete
  2. Great trip and I love those rocks! Good work on buying that lovely fabric! The colors are great! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a pretty bag of fabrics, I'd have gotten them too, and the yarn. Now I have to look up what a brioche pattern is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! Brioche knitting is a technique of working with 2 different yarns where each row is knit twice, first with one color, then the other. It looks pretty but isn't very easy for me. Thanks for the info on Ricky Tims class. I might look for his earlier class.

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...