Monday, October 25, 2021

Binding Scrap Log Cabin Quilt

My mother and I were out on Saturday and unexpectedly found a wellness fair in town. We both got our Covid boosters and flu shots. I really didn't want to get them at the same time but it was so darn convenient that I just went for it. Well, I paid for it yesterday. I had a low grade temperature all day that blossomed in the evening. I had attached my binding to my Scrap Log Cabin and thought I'd be able to sit on the couch and stitch. I couldn't even do that! Between the achiness, headache and temp, I just laid there and watched television. (When I wasn't napping!)


I felt so much better today and did get to sew the binding.. We had an electrician booked to make the panel and transfer switch for a portable generator. We bought the generator over the summer and had to wait for the switch since it was backordered. He was here most of the day. I really didn't mind staying home after feeling so badly yesterday. The binding was made from fabric in my stash. This whole quilt used only stash fabric. Too bad my stash doesn't look like it's decreased at all. I still have too much! I think I see my scrap quilts in my future!

9 comments:

  1. You really are a brave lady. COVID booster and flu?!?! Glad you are feeling better, give your body time to adjust and enjoy the time to nap. How cool to finish a project and use up (perhaps I should say put a dent) into your stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Colette! I'm definitely taking it a little easy. I felt awful but my mother was fine! She had no side effects at all. I'm thinking of doing Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt this year. She uses all sorts of scrap. Maybe I'll make a real dent this time!!

      Delete
  2. Tom and i had our Covid boosters yesterday and Tom also got his shingles shot (brave man!!)--he is not feeling so great today--we think it's the shingles one...as I just have a tender arm...so glad to have gotten them finally!!
    I am looking forward to "watching" all the the BH mystery mavens --I get completely overwhelmed by the mystery quilt...
    but i love to see what everyone else comes up with...
    Hugs from beneath my umbrella--yikes talk about wind and rain here!! HUgs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you and Tom are both feeling fine. I was only sick Sunday. I'm just thinking about doing the BH mystery. We'll see how I feel when I see the first clues! Hope you made out okay with this awful storm! We didn't lose power but thought for sure we would lose it. I guess you never know!

      Delete
  3. Love it when a quilt comes from scraps. So fun.yours is pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I like scrappy quilts...you can use scraps to create
    any quilt pattern or make it up as you go. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherrie! I love to use my scraps. I don't want to waste them!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...