Thursday, October 7, 2021

I Like Thursday #111


It's Thursday again so it's time for I Like Thursday! LeeAnna hosts a bunch of bloggers who post uplifting fun posts every week. Check her blog out at Not Afraid of Color. I made my October houses for the Color My World BOM. They were relatively quick. Aren't they cute?? They will be placed in the middle of each row at the North, South, East and West position.


We found this little guy below our deck. Over the summer, I opened our umbrella and a frog looking just like this guy, fell out and scared me half to death. I wonder if it's the same little culprit?! He's less scary sitting on the post.


I held a literacy session this morning with my student. We meet at the library every week. We found this memorial set up on the front lawn. It's a tribute to the citizens of our town who serve the community.


So many flags! There was an article in the paper that the flags were monitored daily so they wouldn't touch the ground. No flag was touching the grass when we saw it this morning.


These flags had pictures of people currently serving in the armed forces. It was a very special tribute to witness. It was beautiful to see.

That's my Thursday likes! Have a wonderful weekend!!

 

12 comments:

  1. Cute cute houses with the over-arching trees...really nice work...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those houses! What a blobby frog - love his color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great likes. Those houses are adorable and it's great to see people being honored. Love the flags. I too am not a fan of frogs and other creepy outside things lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes your houses are very cute; I love them. All the flags look so wonderful together like that; a great tribute. The frog looks like a tree frog. If it makes a lot of noise that's what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn! I'm not sure I've ever actually heard the frog. I'll have to pay closer attention.

      Delete
  5. Oh love your houses! LOL the frog, yep I had one, at one time that insisted on living in my pool. I didn't mind sharing the pool, except when I was floating, and snoozing and he jumped on me. The flags honoring people are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! That frog would have scared me in the pool!

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful and touching tribute at your library! I love your house blocks, they are so fun! The trees really make the houses sing! Have a safe and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...