Thursday, October 28, 2021

I Like Thursday #114


It's Thursday so it's time for a fun and positive post. LeeAnna hosts us bloggers on her page, Not Afraid of Color, where you can read more of these posts. I bought this great fabric last week. It reminds me so much of The Grateful Dead. My son and his friend see them every year when they play in our area. I think I'm going to make a couple of pillow cases for him. 

I'm making cuff down seamless baby booties. I haven't made these in such a long time. I hope I don't screw them up! They're for the daughter of a very special friend. I'm so excited for her!

We had a huge storm Tuesday that ended yesterday. I went outside to make sure nothing was on the deck. I saw this cute squirrel sitting on the roof of our shed. I wonder if he was looking for shelter from the storm!


I have had so much fun watching this webcam. Rosalie, the cheetah, gave birth to 5 furry babies. I just love watching her take care of them. Most of the time, they're all sleeping in a huge pile but other times, they're up and walking around. So fun to watch!

I'm having a great week. I'm no longer sick from receiving both the Covid and Flu vaccine. I was very busy this morning tutoring my student. It's wonderful to be home and working on my own schedule. I love it! Have a great weekend!!
 

6 comments:

  1. Neat fabric, and would make an excellent pillowcase. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I felt pretty awful over the weekend but that's about it.

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosemary! I've been DYING to know how your first week of retirement went??!! I hope you had a blast. That guitar fabric is so cool. I have some dead head friends! They go see them every year and did travel around to see them until COVID. {{Hugs}} So glad you recovered from the double vaccine. I get my flu shot next week and have already had the booster. I should be good to go! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I love my time off and can't believe it's a permanent thing! You'll be fine just getting the flu shot. I knew I was going to regret getting both vaccines but it's all done with now.

      Delete
  3. That fab would make great pillowcases. That squirrel looks like me. What the heck happened here lol glad you are better from the vaccines and glad you are enjoying your time more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Dawn! Your squirrel story made me laugh! I'll show you the pillowcases when I actually get to them!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...