Monday, November 1, 2021

Color My World BOM Big Ben


I can't believe it but it's November 1st! That means the remainder of the Color My World BOM have been released. There are 4 skyscrapers to make, one for each corner. Now that I'm home, I got to start right away! It doesn't look it, but this is the bottom of Big Ben. I used a marbled brown to add a little interest. I looked at pictures of Big Ben and it actually looked gold if the sun was shining. The sample looks like the background should be cranberry. I liked this brown better. Plus I didn't have much cranberry in my stash!!


I got to finish all the windows today. I have the clock and dome to make for the top. It actually went together much faster than I expected. There are just a few colors to work with for most of the skyscrapers so that part is faster. The skyscrapers are just so big compared to some of the previous houses. I'm hoping I finish it tomorrow! More pictures to follow!!

2 comments:

  1. what an accomplishment this quilt is... I printed off some patterns but wowza, what a project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is but it's such a great quilt! I suppose it's worth it in the end.

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...