Thursday, November 18, 2021

I Like Thursday #117


It's time for I Like Thursday once again! A bunch of us bloggers post positive and uplifting posts that are linked over at LeeAnna's blog, Not Afraid of Color. My mother had a birthday this past week so my cousin and I took her out to eat. We had a great meal and then we all sang "Happy Birthday" to her. She chose baklava as her dessert. I guess it still worked since the waitress put her candle in one of the pieces! She had a glass of wine and thought this was one of the best birthdays she'd ever had!

I tutored at the library this morning. I always look at this doll house and thought it would be fun to share with all of you. The detail is just amazing. I know I would have loved this as a little girl. To be honest, I think I love is just as much as an adult! There are rugs, pictures and mirrors hung with great care. It's a lovely piece for everyone to enjoy.


This is the latest quilt I've been quilting for my friend, Jean. The quilt pattern is called Hedge. It didn't look too difficult but when I started to practice it I decided it looked easier than it was. There are curves in weird positions. I practice the paper pantograph without the machine being engaged. I can tell how close I am to the actual pattern. It took a couple of days before that muscle memory got it. But I did get it and it's coming out great! She bought that Mustang fabric from Etsy for a grandson who's obsessed with that car. She always finds the best fabric!


This is the BOM for The Quilt Show for 2022. I think it's just beautiful. I would love to make it but there's so much applique! I do my applique by hand which is so time consuming. I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up. I'm hemming and hawing about whether I should join up. I have plenty of scraps so I would probably only need the background. I'm still not sure. For the record, I wasn't sure I could complete Color My World and it turned out great. We'll see!!

These are my likes for this week! It's almost 70 out so I'm going outside and getting some fresh air. Have a wonderful weekend!

 

8 comments:

  1. wow - I actually have the clock and piano from that dollhouse. Yay for a happy birthday meal.

    Wasn't it a beautiful day? You had it a lot warmer than we did (although we still have the windows open).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Mom! Cool doll house. I like that BOM. I always loved applique but have not done in tears

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Mom. Neat dollhouse. I love applique but these old eyes have trouble. It's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your beautiful mama. I have never really tackled needle turn applique. Someday. I like wool though. I find doll houses so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I use the freezer paper method to applique. I've tried needle turn and I'm awful at it!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...