Thursday, November 4, 2021

I Like Thursday #115

I'm so late writing this post. I took my mother to the doctor for her annual checkup this morning. It took forever! I had a few chores to finish up when I got home and I'm finally able to sit down. It's Thursday so this is my usual positive post. You can visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to read more posts. Well, this past Sunday was Halloween. We had trick or treaters out from 5-7PM. We usually go through 10 bags of candy. This year, we only gave out 6 bags. We thought we'd get a ton of kids since everything was cancelled last year due to Covid. Now, that candy is calling my name and I'm trying not to eat it!!


I finished my booties from last week. I still have to give them to my friend for her granddaughter. They really came out so cute. I love that there's no seam to sew when finished. It's very similar to making socks. They're knit in the round. I love knitting on double pointed needles. Not sure why.


I just started this one Tuesday. They knit up pretty fast. These are for another friend!


I just finished this book this morning. I really enjoyed it although it was quite sad. The atrocities from WWII always surprise me even though I've been reading about them for years. 

That's my quick Thursday post for this week! Retirement is good and I'm so glad I can stay home now that the weather has become so cold. I certainly have more time to quilt!

 

13 comments:

  1. Oh, what fun to see a line of trick-or-treaters! Six bags! That's a lot of kids! Cute little booties. (I'm jealous of your quilting time!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I love having my time back! You'll get there eventually!

      Delete
  2. Our trick or treaters got washed out on the regular night and by the time it was rescheduled, there weren't that many here. Loved seeing the little ones at your neighborhood! Your booties look adorable! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! We're down to 2 bags of candy left. I have to stop eating it!!

      Delete
  3. Love the booties! Thoughtful quick-ish gift. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rosemary! You had less trick-or-treaters this year and we had ZERO. NONE! Honestly, that isn't unusual because all of our neighbors don't participate so the kids don't want to walk over for one house. It's been a bummer for 12 years. However, our littles came over for a special event. We made them say trick-or-treat . . . it was so darn cute. Have a great weekend. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got the best trick or treaters! I'm surprised we weren't bombarded this year. I'll chalk it up to Covid still being around.

      Delete
  5. Cute cute booties.i have small feet. Think they will fit? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I can make them a little bigger if you like!!

      Delete
  6. Big Ben is fabulous, btw.
    And yes these booties are too. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always write the nicest comments! Thank you, Jocelyn!

      Delete
  7. Cute booties. I am always so in awe of your knitting talent. We don't get trick or treaters and the grands I usually make them a sweet treat.

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...