Monday, November 8, 2021

Skyscrapers Color My World BOM


I finished my skyscrapers over the weekend. It's so nice to have my weekends off again so I can sew! The first skyscraper is Big Ben which was one of the November skyscrapers. One World is next which is also from November. 


This is the Eiffel Tower of course! This worked up so much faster than I expected. I finished it in a matter of hours during Saturday. The hard part was placing all that bias tapes in the right place. Once ironed, it had to be sewn down on either side of the tape. It makes for a rather thick block. 

The last skyscraper is Centrepoint Tower that is found in Australia. It reminds me of the Space Needle in Seattle, Washington. This was another quick block. There's minimal piecing and not a whole lot of bias tape. Quick and easy!


These are the two December blocks. I feel the hardest block was One World. It took forever to piece together and it was difficult to sew the sections together properly. I had to rip out and sew quite a few times until it was correct.

I have to sew the skyscrapers into a circle with the larger houses I've been making. That circle has to be attached to the smaller circle of houses. Ugh! I hope I don't have to rip out too much!! I'll let you know how it goes!



 

4 comments:

  1. Yikes this is quite a project, Rosemary--you did a super job on the skyscrapers...they look to be very challenging for sure. Nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! This project actually got easier the more I got used to their method. It's paper piecing but using freezer paper and you never actually sew through the paper. It's easier than it sounds!

      Delete
  2. Wow awesome job. If I attempted you would never know what it was lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! You'd figure it out! You sew some great projects!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...