Monday, November 15, 2021

Color My World is Done!!


I finished Color My World this past weekend. I was thrilled when I sewed the outer layer to that inner road. I'm not used to sewing in circles and was so afraid it wouldn't lay flat. But it did!! I pinned every 2 inches or so. I was nervous about puckers. I did rip out and sew a small section because I wasn't happy with how it came out. But, it's done and I added the borders as well.  It measures about 69.5" square. I really love this one!


This is how the outer circle looked before I sewed everything together. It looked pretty flat to me but I was quite nervous that it wouldn't be quite so flat when everything was sewn together. The directions were great and we had Barbara Black helping us every step of the way. This turned out to be such a great project as well as a great learning experience!

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Turned out beautifully. I am still working on the skyscapers as I am personalizing them and it is taking forever. I, too, am nervous about my outer circle fitting properly to the inner one. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure your quilt will turn out great! I was so scared to sew the two pieces together but it turned out to be much easier than I had expected.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful finish on this one--What an amazing feat to have completed this, Rosemary--It is just stunning...
    hugs, Julierose ;)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! This was way out of my comfort zone but I'm so glad I decided to try it. Not as bad as I expected.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful finish! You did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful piece, Rosemary. I am so impressed with your quilting skills! I gave this project of yours a little shout out in my Nov. 14 post because I have an idea of the challenge these round buildings would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jocelyn! That's so nice of you to include me in your post! I can't tell how much I appreciate and love it!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...