Thursday, October 14, 2021

I Like Thursday #112

It's time for I Like Thursday! A bunch of bloggers post happy, fun and uplifting posts that can be viewed at LeeAnna's blog, Not Afraid of Color. I spent another morning tutoring at my local library. They had a cute little display up for Halloween/Fall. You'd never know it was Fall since it was close to 75 degrees this morning. 


I saw another true sign of the season when I got home. We were having our irrigation system blown out before the cold temperatures arrived. I guess we could have taken our time with that but you never know! I heard cooler temperatures may arrive next week. We'll see!!


This is Rusty. He's the neighborhood cat who comes to visit my cats. Lily and Molly weren't too happy to see him yesterday. Lots of hissing and growling from my 2 cats. Rusty doesn't seem to care. He just ignores them and does his own thing. 


I finished my friend's quilt yesterday. She'll be over to pick it up soon. My method of drawing in the star worked great! I was worried about how it would look but it turned out good!

Hope you all had a great week! Enjoy the weekend!!

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Yep I hear we have cold weather coming too. Got the pool down, just need to put the filter and pump into the barn for the winter. LOL the neighbor cat. Love your quilting it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! Hard to believe the weather is finally going to change! I'm sure Winter will be here eventually.

      Delete
  2. I kind of like the warm weather and the pretty trees. Although cooler would be fine, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard we're getting a cold front tonight! I would love some crisp Autumn weather!

      Delete
  3. You are such a skilled quilter, I did not doubt you could fit in that star though it was touching by such a thin thread, no pun intended. Beautiful quilting. Yes, staying very warm here too with humidity each day. Very strange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn. I was so glad my stars worked out so nicely! I'm hoping the weather cools off a little.

      Delete
  4. our appt to blow out the sprinklers is today, two nights of surprise frost later... Once I had a visiting cat, when I was petless and lived in a duplex in florida. I loved that cat who once brought me a dead thing when visiting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is crazy this year! I like to see when
      Rusty visits my cats. It's very entertaining!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...