Thursday, January 20, 2022

I Like Thursday #125

It's Thursday so it's time for another happy and positive post. Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more of these uplifting posts. Well, now that Rhododendron Trail has been revealed it's time to put this quilt together. This is not an easy task! There's lots of sashing and cornerstones that are on the very small side. I like to work on 2 corners at the same time when a quilt has blocks on point. I'll eventually meet in the middle! This is what I've done so far. I'll get the next rows ready. Even that takes a good amount of time! So far, I like it!

My mother has been making pizzelles for years. When she complained that her pizzelle iron wasn't working very well, it was the perfect Christmas gift for her. Her old machine was 50 years old! She said this machine is different and I'm sure she has to get used to it. She made her first batch and I got to try them. They taste exactly the same! She can keep making her pizzelles!

My front door looked so empty now that the Christmas decorations are gone. I know it's early but I put up a Valentine! I figure if the stores can do it, so can I!


I just finished this book. If you like mysteries with a twist, you'll love this book! This book had so many twists towards the end that it really surprised me!

I hope you all have a great weekend. I don't know about you, but the number of people that I know with Covid just keeps getting larger. I don't want to get it but I'm not sure how I can keep avoiding it. I'm vaccinated and boosted but that doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I'm hoping we all stay healthy!

12 comments:

  1. I like your Rhododendron Trail. The pizzelles look yummy. I hear ya in transitioning out of Christmas. Ugh. Covid. I'm hoping we all stay healthy, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I think we're all so sick of Covid but it's not going anywhere. For now, anyways!

      Delete
  2. That's so funny. My aunt's 50 year old pizzelle maker fizzled out this year too! I'd say she got her money out of that machine! Love the heart on the door. I'm loving the colors on your rhododendron quilt! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! Rhododendron is coming along but it's so slow! There are so many seams to line up. Ugh!

      Delete
  3. Your Rhododendron Trail is looking good. I like your door decor. Wow a 50 year old appliance? Glad you found a replacement for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! Bonnie Hunter's quilts are always a challenge for me. I'm putting it together rather slowly. There are so many seams to match up.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the book recommendation. Hadn't heard of it before but it sound right up my alley and Mom's too Your Rhododendron quilt is so pretty. Good job. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is beautiful. Great job! Glad Mom can make pizzele. They look yummy. Too early for Valentine love? Never. Pretty door

    ReplyDelete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...