Thursday, January 27, 2022

I Like Thursday #126



 It's time for I Like Thursday where a bunch of us bloggers post happy posts. To see more, visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to see more of these posts. It was my birthday this past week so I thought I'd show you my cake! We bought it from a local bakery that we like. It was chocolate cake and was quite delicious!


This was one of my gifts. I'm making over my sewing room so my son and girl friend made me a little art work for the walls. I love this! This is such a thoughtful gift. 


I finally turned the heel on my sock. This sock is taking forever but I feel like it's speeding up. The pattern is made only on the top of the foot. The bottom is just the stockinette stitch. This is much faster to knit up! I can't believe I have to make another one when I'm finished with this one!



Look at this kitty! She's helping me quilt but she's getting sleepy! She fell asleep while I was quilting on the longarm. I just had to take her picture. 

I hope you all have a great weekend. We're expecting a huge snowstorm Saturday. I'm so glad I don't have to work my Saturdays any more. I'll be happy to stay home and see the snow fall!





12 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday. What neat artwork. LOL the sock, which is why I should not knit. I would have only one sock of each pair. LOL the cat, everyone calls quilters cat hammocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Birthday and here's a wish from many happy returns! Beautiful wall art so appropriate too. That knit design is gorgeous. YOu are multi talented my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn! Thanks for the very nice comment!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday (belated!!) Isn't that wall art just lovely? ;)))
    Your sleepy kitty reminds me of myself--every time I try to read these days, my head nods and i doze off--must be the meds--[couldn't be the age, right?] Stay safe and warm hugs, Julierose ^()^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! I like to nap every so often too! Be careful with the snow tomorrow! I hope it's not as bad as they say!

      Delete
  4. Ooh. good stuff. Happy birthday! That cake looks yummy. I love the quilt blocks artwork. What a fun gift. Sleepy kitty and beautiful backing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! We had a little party last week for my birthday! Fun time!

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! A bit belated! Hope you celebrated all week! Kitty must like the cozy quilt and hum of the machine! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Judy! I love how cats can sleep anywhere! I wish I could!

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday. Too funny the sleeping quilting cat ha ha. Are you pushing her to work too hard? Stay safe in this insane storm.not looking forward to all that snow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! Be careful tomorrow. I'm just staying home all day. I'm hoping I can work on the mystery quilt. It sounds like it's going to be bad!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...