Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Projects


I've been diligently working on my projects even through the snowstorm we had last week! Although we got 15 inches, that's nothing compared to what some towns got south of Boston. Some towns got 30 inches! Anyways, we were lucky since we didn't lose power. This is Rhododendron Trail which is Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt. I have two rows left to sew. They will include the corners. I'm so glad all those little pieces are becoming part of larger pieces! I was so afraid I would lose them! Some squares were as small as one inch! Putting this quilt together is trying my patience but I'm getting there! I still have a flying geese border left so the fun isn't over yet.


I'm not sure how well you can see this but I started to quilt the colored areas of this quilt. I changed thread to King Tut that is 40wt. It's a variegated pink/purple. It's a little hard to see but I quilted loops in the triangle areas. I made straight lines in the rectangles. I also made straight lines in the middle square with a little wish bone thrown in the middle!

I hear there's another storm due Friday. I'm done with winter and just waiting for Spring! Enough already!

 

6 comments:

  1. Your Rhododendron Trail is amazing, Rosemary! I just do NOT have the skill set for small pieces and wish I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna! I'm not crazy about small pieces but I did my best. Once you get used to the size, you adjust and keep sewing!

      Delete
  2. Love your Bonnue Hunter quilt. Yeah the storm coming sounds like a pain. Spring where are you????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I'm looking forward to anything that doesn't include snow or ice!

      Delete
  3. WOW the BH quilt is just beautiful, Rosemary!! Talk about tiny pieces--you did a great job...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...