Monday, February 7, 2022

15 Minutes of Fame


This post is a little different than most of my posts. This picture of me holding a quilt was featured in a French magazine! Back in October, I took part in a conversation on Twitter about quitting my job. I guess a record number of people have been quitting their jobs. A journalist named Alexis Buisson messaged me and wanted to interview me. He works for a French magazine called Le Point. He said it's very similar to our Newsweek since it's also a weekly news magazine. A part of me was hoping this wasn't a scam!


I tried to get out of being interviewed but Alex was quite persistent. A few weeks later, he called me on the phone. We spoke for awhile and I told him I just couldn't take it anymore. Health care has changed so much since I got out of school. Covid only made everything worse. I had a hard time being told what to do by new grads who had no idea what they were doing. My schedule had changed without my consent so I just left. I told him I like to quilt and that's what I intend on doing! The magazine came out January 14.


About a month later, Alex contacted me again that he was sending a photographer for a photo shoot since they wanted my picture in the article. A part of me thought this can't be real, but I looked into the photographer and he was legitimate. He had been hired by Zuma Press that uses free lance photographers. He came to my house and photographed me and my quilts for 2 hours. The picture that made it into the magazine was one of the last ones he had taken.

I guess this is my 15 minutes of fame. My family jokes that I'm an international star. I said I always wanted to be the toast of Paris! Anyways, it all worked out. I bought 3 magazines and plan to have one framed. Too bad it's all in French!

 

9 comments:

  1. Oh so sweet!!!! Can I get your autograph? Tres bien lol that is so awesome my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dawn! It was a surprise for me too! I never thought I'd be in any magazine!

      Delete
  2. How cool Rosemary - a french magazine star!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW--how neat to have your photo and quilt in a French magazine!!
    Good luck leaving your job...hope everything works out well for you...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I left my job back in September. It's one of the best decisions I've ever made. I was so burned out. Covid didn't help either.

      Delete
  4. Hi Rosemary! How very cool is that?!!! I took four years of French. I'll have to see if I can read this . . . {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome! What a wonderful experience you can look back on, too. Congratulations on your retirement. I must have missed that post. I retired last May and I am loving the time I can spend with my family, especially my grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! What a great little experience! I was thinking the whole time you should frame it and put it in your sewing room--you'll have to share how that turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...